Want to contribute to keeping Sydney’s live music scene alive? Take One is HIRING!
Assistant Producer – Audio / Segment Host – Take One – Gig Guide – Community Radio Show
If you love live music and think radio is the career for you, this is the perfect stepping stone! Get hands on helping produce a three-year-old, weekly, volunteer driven, community radio program dedicated to supporting Sydney’s live music scene. Take on an internship that’s going to give you experience and portfolio content rather than pushing papers and getting coffees for every manager in the building.
Purpose of the role:
Assist in the production of a weekly radio show promoting live music in Sydney. The show celebrates the best in jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music.
What’s in it for you:
- Radio hosting and producing experience
- Publishing credits
- Potential for free gig tickets and interviews with local and international artists
- Joining over 100 volunteers working for a 35-year-old broadcaster who prides itself on giving a voice to its community
- Produce one, three to five minute segment every fortnight reviewing a gig
- Produce one, 100 word article every fortnight reviewing a gig, to publish on a radio website and to be promoted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Edit one interview a week to a podcast quality (long form), and upload to Soundcloud and iTunes
- A love for radio with a plan to make it a career
- Show professionalism through working to deadlines, maintaining a high quality of work, and pride in fostering good working relationships
- A passion for the Sydney live music scene – jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music
- New ideas welcome! This should be a collaborative experience
- Audio production experience – approx. 6 months (please provide a sample of this, can also be assignment based)
- Experience with wordpress – desirable
- Experience with photo editing software – desirable
- Studying media/ communications/ radio/ entertainment management – desirable
Open to candidates wishing to take on a short term placement of six months to one year.
I recently graduated from UNSW with a media degree at UNSW and completed internships a Universal Music and Eastside Radio. I spent two years as a volunteer Music Director, three years as a radio presenter and producer, and have recently joined the sales team at SBS.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send any professional social media, soundclound, bandcamp, and/or mixcloud links or examples of work you have previously done. Please also send a CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Email email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2018 at 11:59pm
Only selected candidates will be contacted.