Love live music and think radio is the career for you? Take One is HIRING!
Assistant Producer – Social Media / Segment Host Take One – Gig Guide – Community Radio Show
If you love live music and think radio is the career for you, this is the perfect stepping stone! Get hands on helping produce a three-year-old, weekly, volunteer driven, community radio program dedicated to supporting Sydney’s live music scene. Take on an internship that’s going to give you experience and work for your portfolio rather than pushing papers and getting coffees for every manager in the building.
Purpose of the role:
Assist in the production of a weekly radio show promoting live music in Sydney. The show celebrates the best in jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music.
What’s in it for you:
- Radio hosting and producing experience
- Publishing credits
- Potential for free gig tickets and interviews with local and international artists
- Joining over 100 volunteers working for a 35-year-old broadcaster who prides itself on giving a voice to its community
- Produce one, three to five minute segment every fortnight reviewing a gig
- Produce one, 100 word article every fortnight reviewing a gig, to publish on a radio website and to be promoted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Develop three social media posts per week for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These should be engaging and content specific. Outside of this I’m looking for ideas.
- A passion for the Sydney live music scene – jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music
- Show professionalism through working to deadlines, maintaining a high quality of work, and pride in fostering good working relationships
- New ideas welcome! This should be a collaborative experience
- A love for radio with a plan to make it a career
- Social media content production – approx. 6 months (please provide a sample of this, per platform if possible, can also be assignment based, an example of a social media plan would also be desirable) – I’m looking for a flair for social media post production
- Experience with photo editing software
- Studying media/ communications/ radio/ entertainment management – desirable
Open to candidates wishing to take on a short term placement of six months to one year.
Position type: Unpaid volunteer (I’m also working as a volunteer)
I recently graduated from UNSW with a media degree at UNSW and completed internships a Universal Music and Eastside Radio. I spent two years as a volunteer Music Director, three years as a radio presenter and producer, and have recently joined the sales team at SBS.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and any other social media links, blogs or examples of work you have previously done. Please also send a CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘TAKE ONE SOCIAL PRODUCER APPLICATION’.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2018 at 11.59pm
Only selected candidates will be contacted.