Programming Manager Job @ Eastside Radio
We’re on the look out for our new Program Manager here at Eastside Radio.
Fixed Term Position: 12-month contract with option for permanent part-time role.
Closing Date for Applications: 19th November 2019
Salary: $50,000 pro rata with commission
Eastside Radio is the community station for the City of Sydney and Eastern Suburbs. Having been on air for over 30 years the station is an established cultural icon with a loyal following of listeners.
We love the arts, jazz music, world music, the blues, soul music, Hip Hop, funk and electronic sounds. We are the only station in Sydney to devote 5 mornings a week to supporting theatre, dance, film, design, literature, indigenous, visual and other art forms. Every afternoon we focus on the issues that matter to the community.
Many of our presenters and producers are working musicians, DJs and artists at the forefront of Sydney’s creative scene. Others come from distinguished careers in politics, advertising, journalism, science and education. While are youthful broadcasters are at the start of creating their own successful journey.
The Eastside Radio Programming Manager (PM) provides support to our 84 programs with more than 130 presenters and producers. With assistance from the Programming Committee and Board the PM will be responsible in implementing the creative direction of the station’s programs. The PM will help design technological advances to improve broadcasting and ensure relevance in the modern media landscape.
The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term with a workload of 2 to potentially 3 days per week.
Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Managing Director, HR Manager and a Member of the Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- Be the primary point of contact for all on air program makers on Eastside Radio.
- Initiate and filter Program feedback from the Programming Committee to improve presenters and their shows.
- Ensure that all programs have access to the studios as desired.
- Stay in contact with the Talks Producer, Music Manager and presenters and/or producers about their programs’ relative content.
- Monitor the Eastside Radio 89.7 studio, streaming and on demand services from a sound quality perspective.
- Where necessary provide editorial assistance to program blogs.
- Manage all substitutions beyond individual show responsibility including any pre-records and evergreens.
- Create some ‘go to’ list for replacements for Arts, Drive and Jazz plus an ‘emergency call’ list
- Help all programs to build an audience especially through online initiatives.
- Co-operate with all fundraising initiatives that affect programming especially Radiothon.
- Identify any funding opportunities and if granted approval apply accordingly.
- Maintaining Eastside Radio’s programming reputation as a diverse and eclectic sum of its parts.
- Attend the following compulsory events: Station Meetings and Radiothon meetings and events.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Success with programming across other media organisations
- Experience with managing volunteers
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced on air skills using multiple player platforms
- Demonstrated experience in community based organisation
- Demonstrated commitment to Eastside Radio principles and philosophies, and understanding of its audience
- Strong on air capability
- Strong audio production
Please address the Selection Criteria in your application and send to:
via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19th November 2019