Music Manager Job @ Eastside Radio
We’re on the look out for our 2020 Music Manager here at Eastside Radio.
Fixed Term Contact Position: 12 months
Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2019
Salary: Volunteer Position
Eastside Radio is one of the leading stations for quality jazz music in Australia. Many of the presenters at Eastside are renowned figures within the Australian jazz community and as such the station maintains an inside line within the Australian jazz music scene. If it’s sounds jazzy and it’s Australian, expect to hear it at Eastside.
However, although jazz is the station’s primary genre, Eastside also pays avid attention to various other styles. Soul, funk, hip hop, blues, roots, electronica, folk, dub, gypsy, world and further specialist music all play their role in creating the unique Eastside vibe.
The Eastside Radio Music Manager is a critical role at Eastside. The Music Manager is responsible for overseeing all things music at the station. The Music Manager is also the key player in establishing and maintaining external communications and relationships with the Australian music industry on behalf of Eastside. The Music Manager is passionate about music and has an open mind when it comes to genres, in addition to having a good understanding of Eastside’s current programming structure.
The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term contract. The position is flexible with an expected workload of 2 days per week.
Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Station Manager, HR Manager and a Member of the Board. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station. Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- Be a central point of contact between record labels, PR companies, touring companies and Eastside Radio
- Oversee the musical direction of Eastside Radio’s broadcasting and online media
- Ensure that all programs have access to the music that they want and need
- Stay in constant contact with the Music Team, the Station Managers and presenters and/or producers about their programs’ music content
- Monitor the Eastside Radio 89.7 broadcast and social media channels for music content
- Organise the distribution of music to presenters and producers
- Contribute to the Album of the Week selections along with Music Team and station suggestions
- In the event of outgoing ensure diligent contact handover
- Maintaining Eastside Radio’s external reputation as a positive one
- Replying to all enquiries and emails within reasonable time
- Attend the following compulsory events: Station Meetings and Radiothon meetings and AGM
- Assist station presenters with digital music management skills
- Undertake Training and Induction module on Music and LRM
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Success with labels and other music partners
- Demonstrated ability to write press releases and develop relationships with other media
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced online skills across various platforms
- Demonstrated experience in community based organisation
- Demonstrated commitment to Eastside Radio principles and philosophies, and understanding of its audience
- Strong on air capability
- Basic audio production
Please address the Selection Criteria in your application and send to:
via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 November 2019