Take One Is Hiring – Volunteer Cohost and Producer
If you love live music and think radio is the career for you, this is the perfect stepping stone! Get hands on helping produce a volunteer driven, community radio program dedicated to supporting Sydney’s live music scene.
Purpose of the role:
Host and produce a radio show promoting live music in Sydney. The show celebrates the best in jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music.
What’s in it for you:
- Radio hosting and producing experience
- Publishing credits
- Potential for free gig tickets and interviews with local and international artists
- Joining over 100 volunteers working for a 35-year-old broadcaster who prides itself on giving a voice to its community
- Produce a minimum of one 60 – 90 minute radio program promoting live music and associate news a month.
- Produce a minimum of one article in tandem with your radio program to be published on the Eastside Radio website and to be promoted on Take One’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Develop three social media posts to be released in the week leading up to your program date for Facebook and Instagram. These should be engaging and content specific. Outside of this we’re open ideas.
- A passion for the Sydney live music scene – jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music
- Show professionalism through working to deadlines, maintaining a high quality of work, and pride in fostering good working relationships
- New ideas welcome! This should be a collaborative experience
- Social media content production – approx. 6 months (please provide a sample of this, per platform if possible, can also be assignment based, an example of a social media plan would also be desirable) – we’re looking for a flair for social media post production
- Experience with photo editing software (desirable but not mandatory)
- Studying media/ communications/ radio/ entertainment management (desirable but not mandatory)
- Radio broadcast experience isn’t a requirement as this can be taught.
- Access to home equipment to record and edit program (desirable but not mandatory)
Open to candidates wishing to take on a minimum of six months on air with an option to extend further.
Position type: Unpaid volunteer (no one on the team is paid)
About Take One: click here for a show overview.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send any social media links, blogs or examples of work you have worked on or are currently are working on. Please also send your CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘TAKE ONE HOST PRODUCER APPLICATION’.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: ONGOING
Only selected candidates will be contacted.