Love live music and think radio is the career for you? Take One is HIRING! – Journalist and News Reader
Position: Journalist and News Reader
If you love live music and think radio is the career for you, this is the perfect stepping stone! Get hands on helping produce a weekly, volunteer driven, community radio program dedicated to supporting Sydney’s live music scene. Take on an internship that’s going to give you experience and work for your portfolio.
Purpose of the role:
Assist in the production of a weekly radio show promoting live music in Sydney. The show celebrates the best in jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music.
What’s in it for you:
- Radio hosting and producing experience
- Publishing credits
- Joining over 100 volunteers working for a 36-year-old broadcaster who prides itself on giving a voice to its community
- Produce one, three to five minute segment every week reporting on news related to Australia’s live music scene.
- Produce 1 – 2, short form articles every week on news related to Australia’s live music scene to publish on a radio website and to be promoted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- A passion for the Sydney live music scene – jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music
- Show professionalism through working to deadlines, maintaining a high quality of work, and pride in fostering good working relationships.
- New ideas welcome! This should be a collaborative experience.
- A love for radio with a plan to make it a career.
- Journalism experience – approx. 6 months – We’re looking for a flair for news production that’s adaptable for both on air and social media.
- Basic audio production skills – we don’t mind the software as long as what’s produced is to a broadcastable standard.
- Studying media/ communications/ radio/ entertainment management – desirable
Open to candidates wishing to take on a short term placement of six months to one year.
Position type: Unpaid volunteer (The entire team also work as volunteers)
HOW TO APPLY: Please send links to examples of work. Please also send a CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘TAKE ONE JOURNALIST AND NEWSREADER APPLICATION’.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 28 JUNE 2019 at 11.59pm
Only selected candidates will be contacted.