::FREE LIVE STREAM:: Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Music
How is music assisted, improved, impacted or threatened by the rise of Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Discover the Second event in the #CreativeAI series this Friday 27 November 2020 at 6pm: Assoc Prof Goetz Richter (Sydney Conservatorium of Music) and Dr Oliver Bown (UNSW) will be in conversation with Jochen Gutsch (Goethe-Institut).
Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the way we communicate, how we are being creative and how we experience and understand our world. For the project Kulturtechniken 4.0 The Goethe Institutes invites artists, experts and other creatives to take part in this important discussion.
For the second talk in the series, they will focus on the composition and performance of music, and how they are affected, complemented, assisted or threatened by the rise of AI. Following the panel discussion you will hear a live set from electronic producer Anomie.
Assoc Prof Goetz Richter is a musician and philosopher working at the University of Sydney’s Conservatorium of Music where he teaches violin performance, chamber music and ensemble performance and courses in the methodology of teaching and the philosophy of music. He has performed internationally and has published articles on philosophy and the philosophy of music. Website | Blog
Dr. Oliver Bown is an academic, creative artist and programmer interested in the design of technologies that support and transform creative practice. He is Senior Lecturer and Co-Director of the Interactive Media Lab at UNSW Sydney. Website | Twitter
Anomie (real name Sofie Loizou) is a Sydney producer who brings together nuanced electronics with forward-thinking dancefloor sensibilities. She recently contributed to the Goethe-Institut project Sound of X by creating an audio-visual piece based on field recordings she made in Sydney.
- Format: This event will take place with a local live audience at the Goethe-Institut in Sydney. All speakers will be present on stage at the venue. In addition, the event will be live-streamed.
- Date: Friday 27th of November, 2020
- Time: 6pm to 8pm AEDT — Australian Eastern Daylight Time.
- Address: 90 Ocean Street, Woollahra NSW 2025
- Live audience: Free entry with Eventbrite Registration.
- Note: This is a COVID-safe event and venue. Capacity is strictly limited and we cannot grant you access without registration. Please follow physical distancing rules, and stay home if you feel unwell or display cold or flu-like symptoms
- Live Audience at the Goethe-Institut in Sydney (Strictly Limited Capacity)
- Online Stream (Unlimited Capacity)
Keep your hearts in tune with Athésia.
#Athesia #AthesiaMusic #FridayMorning #JamminFriday
Tune in to Jammin’ Friday, to listen live or previous shows, click here ⇒eastsidefm.org/JamminFriday
EASTSIDE RADIO 89.7FM