The Eastside Radio office is powered by a team of dedicated volunteers who perform essential tasks in the following areas
- liaising with listeners and supporters
- program production
- audio production (sound editing software)
- on air role (using a radio panel and presenting a program)
- online role (learning to use various multimedia platforms, including blogging)
- gig reviews /community billboard / eNews production (improving your writing skills)
- bi-annual Radiothon (interacting with the local community in the Eastern Suburbs)
- music library (exposure to a wider range of music)
- administration (helping contribute to a community-focused organisation)
“I began life at Eastside Radio as an Administrative Assistant, before being given the opportunity to become the station’s Music Director and also produce and present the station’s new music show, The New Thing. Eastside gave me a platform to embrace my love of music, and the opportunity to support local musicians and delve deeper into Jazz, World, Blues, Roots, Experimental, Soul and other genres. At the same time, Eastside introduced me to the radio, live music and recorded music industries, giving me great work experience and introducing me to contacts both domestically and internationally, all of which were central to my career development. I’m truly grateful for my time at Eastside!” – Sam Allen is currently Director, Audio & Licensing at Stellar Entertainment, and was an Eastside Volunteer from 2010-2015.
To become a volunteer
Call on 02 9331 3000 or fill out the form below
You can also email enquiries and further information to email@example.com. Remember to include anything you would like us to know about the particular skills and talents you are bringing to the station!