Vacancy – Online Content Manager
Eastside Radio 2018 Online Content Manger
Fixed Term Position: 12 months
Closing Date: 5pm 28th February 2018
Eastside Radio is more than just a radio station. We’re streaming online and available On Demand with an expanding international presence. Our love of social media places us at the forefront of community radio stations worldwide.
Over 30,000 people listen exclusively to Eastside Radio and a total of 76,000 people tune in over the course of one week. That figure grows to 160,000 listeners in a month and our website currently has 40,000 hits per month. Our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube networks now reach between 15,000 to 20,000 people every week and our fortnightly EDM goes out to over 5,000 subscribers.
The Eastside Radio Online Content Manager is a critical role at Eastside. You will have the responsibility of updating and managing the creative direction of the station online. You will liaise with other staff to ensure online revenue opportunities play a role in design and implementation. Support plays an integral role to ensure other presenters, producers and volunteers are actively contributing online so as to improve their own skills and further promote the station.
The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term. The position is flexible with an expected workload of 1 day per week.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by the Station Manager, HR Manager and a Member of the Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- – Support all Eastside Radio online content creators and help induct and develop new contributors
- – Oversee all program, news and podcast posts in an editorial capacity
- – Answer all communications in a timely manner. E.g. within 24 to 48 hours.
- – Create new ways in which to reach Eastside Radio’s audience
- – Work closely with the Sales Manager and Music Director to ensure effective cross-platform content sharing and interaction
- – Put in place strategies and content to increase web traffic and time spent on the website
- – Regular contributions to the fortnightly EDM and Presenting News
- – Ensure all radio programs are represented on Eastside Radio Website
- – Develop web innovation strategies to assist with online growth and development
- – Coordinate and oversee an online team of contributors, where required
- – Attend quarterly senior staff meetings with Eastside Radio MD and Board
- – Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- – Success with digital programs such as Final Cut, WordPress, Audition, Photoshop etc.
- – Demonstrated ability to write ‘out of the box’ content for social media
- – Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- – Good interpersonal communication skills
- – Advanced online skills across various platforms
- – Demonstrated experience in community-based organisation
- – Demonstrated commitment to Eastside Radio principles and philosophies, and understanding of its audience
- – Good knowledge of technological advances
- – Able to work with volunteers
Please send us your CV and cover letter which addresses the selection criteria and submit your application to email@example.com. Applications should include the subject line ‘APPLICATION FOR ONLINE CONTENT MANAGER’
Closing Date: 5PM 28th February 2018