Take One Is Hiring – Volunteer Cohost and Producer
If you love live music and think radio is the career for you, this is the perfect stepping stone! Get hands on helping produce a volunteer driven, community radio program dedicated to supporting Sydney’s live music scene.
Purpose of the role:
Host and produce a radio show promoting live music in Sydney. The show celebrates the best in jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music.
What’s in it for you:
- Radio hosting and producing experience
- Publishing credits
- Potential for free gig tickets and interviews with local and international artists
- Joining over 100 volunteers working for a 35+ yo broadcaster who prides itself on giving a voice to its community
- Produce a minimum of one 60 – 90 minute radio program promoting live music and associate news a month.
- Produce a minimum of one article in tandem with your radio program to be published on the Eastside Radio website and to be promoted on Take One’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- A passion for the Sydney live music scene – jazz, blues, funk, soul, world, hip-hop, folk, and americana music
- Show professionalism through working to deadlines, maintaining a high quality of work, and pride in fostering good working relationships
- New ideas welcome! This should be a collaborative experience
- A passion for live music is a must!
- Studying media/ communications/ radio/ entertainment management (desirable but not mandatory)
- Radio broadcast experience isn’t a requirement as this can be taught.
- Access to home equipment to record and edit program (desirable but not mandatory)
Position type: Unpaid volunteer (no one on the team is paid)
About Take One: click here for a show overview.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV and short blurb about yourself and why you’d like to join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘TAKE ONE HOST PRODUCER APPLICATION’.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: ONGOING
Only selected candidates will be contacted.