City of Sydney’s Vivid Music Scene
Experience Sydney’s independent music scene during Vivid. Head off the beaten track and into our villages.
From Surry Hills to Newtown, Sydney’s favourite neighbourhood haunts have gathered emerging live acts as well as unique audio-visual gigs. So get ready to rock, roll, mosh, sway or swing!
1. Pair curated drinks with live tunes at Cake Wines’ weekly food, wine and music experiences. Think breakfast mimosas and live ambient music as well as natural wines with Beach Boys-inspired DJ sets.
2. Discover the best new acts before the rest of the world claims them at Golden Age Cinema & Bar. Catch a free, intimate gig such as sister duo, CLEWS and synth-pop performer, Phanosland.
3. Immerse your senses in audio-visual collaborations by local musicians and visual artists at 107 in Redfern.
4. Pay homage to everyone’s favourite material girl at Freda’s Performance artists and DJs turn out a tribute night to Madonna. $15.
5. Treat your eardrums to a body-moving DJ set by Sydney queer icons, Stereogamous at The Dolphin. These guys have collaborated with Kylie Minogue and George Michael.
6. See Sydney’s best contemporary world musicians perform at Venue 505. From reggae and ska to modern Malian music, these shows will give you wanderlust.
7. Be transported back to the golden age of house music and UK garage in a 90s special at The Burdekin.
8. Be there when 14 emerging artists take over The Lansdowne for Sydney’s favourite indie dance party, the 12th Purple Sneakers Birthday.
9. Got classic rock n roll in your bloodstream? Head to Leadbelly in Newtown where local musos will perform hits by the quiet Beatle, George Harrison.
For more up-and-coming and grassroots music talent, check out the full Vivid Music in our villages program.
What: Vivid Music
When: Friday 25 May to Saturday 16 June 2018
Where: Various locations and times
To Find Out More Click Here