Office Manager Role @ Eastside Radio
We’re on the look out for our new Volunteer Office Manager here at Eastside Radio.
Fixed Term Position: 12-months.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th February 2020.
This is a flexible 1 to 2 day a week volunteer role.
Eastside Radio is the community station for the City of Sydney and Eastern Suburbs. Having been on air for over 30 years the station is an established cultural icon with a loyal following of listeners.
We love the arts, jazz music, world music, the blues, soul music, Hip Hop, funk and electronic sounds. We are the only station in Sydney to devote 5 mornings a week to supporting theatre, dance, film, design, literature, indigenous, visual and other art forms. Every afternoon we focus on the issues that matter to the community.
Many of our presenters and producers are working musicians, DJs and artists at the forefront of Sydney’s creative scene. Others come from distinguished careers in politics, advertising, journalism, science and education. While are youthful broadcasters are at the start of creating their own successful journey.
The Eastside Radio Office Manager (PM) provides support to our front desk volunteers, interns and work experience students with additional help when applicable to our more than 130 presenters and producers. With assistance from the Managing Director and Programming and Music Managers the OM will be responsible in implementing the structure surrounding our administrative volunteers. The OM will help design processes to improve management of volunteers and efficiency of various skills based tasks.
The successful candidate will be employed in a voluntary capacity by the station for a fixed-term of 12 months with a flexible workflow of 1 to 2 days a week.
Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Managing Director.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- Be a point of contact for all front office volunteers, interns and work experience students at Eastside Radio.
- Ensure that all front office volunteers, interns and work experience students have access to the station as required.
- Stay in contact with the Programming Manager, Music Manager and presenters and/or producers about the help front office volunteers, interns and work experience students can offer presenters.
- Update and amend the Volunteer/Intern Manual with current task guidelines and relevant station policies and procedures.
- Oversee the quarterly Volunteer and Intern Training and Induction Program.
- Manage the front office volunteers, interns and work experience online roster.
- Create/further develop the promotional campaign involved with encouraging more front office volunteers, interns and work experience students to come along and get involved at Eastside Radio
- Co-operate with all station initiatives that affect front office volunteers, interns and work experience students especially Radiothon.
- Identify any funding opportunities and if granted approval apply accordingly.
- Maintaining Eastside Radio’s reputation as a diverse and eclectic sum of its parts.
- Attend and address the station at the following events: Station Meetings and Radiothon meetings and events.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Experience with managing volunteers
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced administrative skills and understanding of office based software
- Demonstrated experience in community based/not for profit organisation
- Demonstrated commitment to Eastside Radio principles and philosophies, and understanding of its role with volunteers
- Strong office experience/administrative capability
- High level of tolerance!
Please address the Selection Criteria in your application and send to:
via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th February 2020