Eastside Radio’s Album of the week: Jan 27- Jan 31
Eastside Radio’s Album of the Week is Australeño by Danny G Felix and Malo Malo.
Malo Malo is a highly-potent, progressive salsa orchestra based in two countries; Australia & Colombia. Musical leader Danny G Felix, a pianist, trumpeter & composer, divides his time between his home in Sydney where he grew up, & Cali, Colombia – the ”capital of Salsa”! For the past 6 years Danny has lived between the two countries & developed a distinct line-up of top-notch players from both. This album features 10 tracks of classy, uplifting magic that let the spirit of life come through.
The group loves paying homage to the greats, bringing new life to rare-classics; Ray Barretto, Eddie Palmieri, Hector Lavoe & Grupo Niche. A distinct soulful jazz flavour enriches the catchy afro-latin dance rhythms including guaguanco, mozambique, cha cha, son & songo.
Artists: Danny G Felix & Malo Malo
1. Ritmo Caliente
2. Acuarela (feat. Jeimy Castillo & Lida Villamarin)
3. Llego Malo Malo (feat. El Callegueso)
4. El Robo (feat.Orquestra Calibre)
5. Jazz Makes
6. Tombola (feat. Richard Valdez)
8. Tu Sabes (feat. Dominic Kirk, Pochoman, Ngaire & Oscar Jimenez)
9. Derecho (feat. Richard Valdez)
10. Un Tremendo Lio (feat. Jeimy Castillo)