2017 Radiothon Coordinator
Eastside Radio 2017 Radiothon Fundraising Coordinator
Fixed Term Position: Monday 24th of April to Friday 30th of June 2017
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st of March 2017
Salary: $50,000 pro rata with commission
The Eastside Radiothon is an annual fundraiser that helps raise much needed money for the running of the station. Every year we hire a coordinator to assist us with this important event. This year’s Radiothon is scheduled for one week between the 18th and 24th of June 2017.
The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term, which is approximately the 24th of April until the 30th of June. The position is flexible with an expected workload of 4 days per week (hours during the actual Radiothon will be increased)
Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Managing Director, HR Manager and a Member of the Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station. Following the contract there is an option for a new operational role within the station.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- Motivating and communicating presenters and volunteers around Radiothon
- Contacting individuals and organisations for donations
- Coordinating major prizes
- Handling publicity, including writing and distributing press release
- Active on air role during Radiothon
- Active online role before, during and after Radiothon
- Oversee Radiothon station meetings
- Post Radiothon production
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Success with Sponsors and other fundraising partners
- Demonstrated ability to write press releases and develop relationships with other media
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced online skills across various platforms
- Demonstrated fundraising experience in community based organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural diversity and musically appropriate organisation
- Good knowledge of Eastside Radio
- Strong on air capability
- Advanced online skills and literacy
- Basic audio production
Please address the Selection Criteria in your application and send to:
via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 31st of March 2017 @ 6pm