Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Information Session
Hi all Gloria here from the Friday drive show,
We had the great pleasure of interviewing ‘George’ from Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous about the great work that this organisation does in the community as well as her own personal experiences with food addiction.
I thought I would let you all know that there is an information session coming up on the 15th of September.
All the details are down below.
So if any of you Eastside FM listeners are interested be sure to check it out!
Are You Having Trouble
Controlling The Way You Eat?
You are not alone. Today, there is a solution.
Are you a food addict?
- Have you ever wanted to stop eating and found you just couldn’t?
- Do you find yourself attempting one diet or food plan after another, with no lasting success?
- Do you binge and then “get rid of the binge” through vomiting, exercise, laxatives, or other forms of purging?
- Do you eat differently in private than you do in front of other people?
- Has a doctor or family member ever approached you with concern about your eating habits or weight?
- Do you eat to escape from your feelings?
- Have you ever discarded food, only to retrieve and eat it later?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Have you ever stolen other people’s food?
- Have you ever hidden food to make sure you have “enough?”
- Do you feel driven to exercise excessively to control your weight?
- Are you waiting for your life to begin “when you lose the weight?”
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may be a food addict.