Eastside Radiothon Coordinator
Fixed Term Position: 7th of May to 29th of June
Closing Date for Applications: 13th of April 2012
Salary: $45,000 pro rata
The Eastside Radiothon is an annual fundraiser that helps raise much needed money for the running of the station. Every year we hire a coordinator to assist us with this important event. This year’s Radiothon is scheduled for one week between the 18th and 23rd of June 2012.
The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term, which is approximately the 25th of April until the 1st of July. The position is flexible with an expected workload of 4 days per week (hours during the actual Radiothon will be increased)
Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Sponsorship & Marketing Manager, Station Manager and a Member of the Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and innovative community station.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
- Motivating, communicating with and resourcing programmers around Radiothon.
- Contact individuals and organisations for donations
- Assisting in major prize gathering and coordination.
- Coordination of publicity, including writing press releases and letters and distributing them.
- Station decorating and poster distribution.
- Making announcements and on-air promotion during Radiothon.
- Phone and general Radiothon duties.
- Attendance at Radiothon staff meetings.
- Post Radiothon subscriber mail out.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to write press releases and develop relationships with other media.
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience in community based organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural diversity and musically appropriate organising
- Good knowledge of Eastside Radio
- Computer literacy.
Please address the Selection Criteria in your application and send to:
PO Box 343
Paddington NSW 2021
Closing Date: Friday 13th April 5pm
Filed Under: News
About the Author: